This No Bake Creamy Cherry Pretzel Dessert will be your new favorite! This easy no bake recipe is perfect for anyone who loves the salty/sweet combo with a pretzel crust, and sweet, creamy cherry filling!
Make sure to try my No Bake Cheesecake Recipe too! It’s amazing!
This Pretzel Dessert Is An Easy No Bake Recipe!
This recipe is a spin on a classic my mom used to make when I was little, and one that I have made tons of times because my kids love it: Strawberry Jello Pretzel Dessert. The thing is, I hate making jello and that recipe, while easy and nostalgic is kind of a pain to make with all the steps: chilling, making jello, slicing fruit, etc etc… Any dessert that has me doing steps and chilling in between more than once is one that I try to avoid. So I decided to adapt that recipe and make it even easier! Lucky for all of us, I succeeded…and this version might just be better than the classic!
Creamy Cherry Pretzel Dessert Sounds Crazy But It’s Delish!
I know the idea of a “PretzelDessert” sounds crazy, but I’m here to tell you that it’s delicious. What you will get is a buttery, salty/sweet pretzel crust, topped with a whipped almost cheesecake-like layer, then sweet cherry filling, and finally more mousse-y cheesecake. And of course more pretzels for some crunch!
The full measurements for this recipe are listed int he recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Salted pretzels. Use the mini twists! You will crush some for the crust and them break some into pieces for the topping!
- Granulated sugar. You will mix this in with the pretzels for the crust to really amp up the salty/sweet combination!
- Melted Butter. This will mix right into the crushed pretzel mixture to form your crust.
- Cream cheese. This is for the filling, but make sure it’s room temperature so you don’t get lumps!
- Powdered sugar. This will lightly sweeten the filling. You can even omit this if you would like.
- Thawed whipped topping, like Cool Whip. You can use real whipped cream if you prefer!
- Cherry pie filling. You can use your favorite brand. I like to use Lucky Leaf Organic Cherry Pie Filling. I just prefer the taste to other brands!
How To Make A Pretzel Dessert:
The process for this is SO easy! Let me break it down for you:
- Make the crust with crushed pretzels, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Mix them together and press it into a 9×13 dish. Let the crust chill while you prep the filling.
- For the creamy filling mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar, and then fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture onto the chilled crust. Then top that with a can f cherry pie filling. Spread the remaining whipped topping on the pie filling. It won’t be perfect looking, but the red swirls of cherry filling in the topping are so pretty!
- Break up some more pretzels and sprinkle them on top! Chill it all for at least 4 hours and enjoy!
Of course you are not limited to only cherry in this recipe. Here are a few other pie filling ideas that would be great int his recipe:
- Strawberry Rhubarb
- Mixed Berry
How To Store:
This is an easy one to store. In fact, this is a great make ahead dessert recipe that is perfect when it sits overnight! Simply cover it with plastic wrap so it’s airtight and you’ll be all set for up to 3 days!
Other No Bake Dessert Recipe Ideas:
This easy no bake dessert is out of control delicious! The salty/sweet/creamy combination is irresistible!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed salted pretzels
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed (like Cool Whip)
- 1 (21- ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup broken or coarsely chopped pretzels
- In a large bowl combine the crushed pretzels, granulated sugar, and melted butter together. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy and combined. Fold in the whipped topping until evenly incorporated.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture onto the pretzel crust. Spread the cherry filling evenly on top of the cream cheese layer. Carefully spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the cherries. The cherry mixture will swirl into the cream cheese mixture, this is fine!
- Sprinkle the broken pretzels on top. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: