Need pie inspiration? Here’s a selection of trusted Thanksgiving pie recipes including pumpkin pie, apple pie, sweet potato pie, coconut cream pie, and more!
First, Pie Crust
Before browsing these Thanksgiving pie recipes, make sure you have a quality pie crust recipe. This is my absolute favorite pie crust recipe and one of the most popular recipes on this website. The careful ratio of butter and shortening makes a pliable dough that turns into a buttery, flaky crust. I also have an all butter pie crust if you prefer just butter.
Pie Crust Success Tips:
- Temperature: Use COLD ingredients.
- Flavor and Texture: Not all fats are created equal. This recipe uses a mix of shortening and butter for a pliable dough that bakes up both buttery and flaky.
- Avoid Cracking Crust: Use enough ice water.
Now let’s get into all the Thanksgiving pie recipes.
Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Pies
1) Readers and I have been using this classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe for years!
2) Pumpkin Slab Pie or Mini Pumpkin Pies are perfect for a large crowd.
3) Upgrade your pumpkin pie with Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Pie.
4) Or try Praline Pumpkin Pie with a sweet pecan topping.
5) Pumpkin Pie Bars are perfect if you want to skip traditional pie crust.
6) If you want to use a tart pan, here’s my Spiced Pumpkin Tart recipe.
7) Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie is a boozy dessert with toasted marshmallow on top.
8) This Sweet Potato Pie recipe is a personal and reader favorite.
9) Deep Dish Apple Pie is classic apple pie with extra filling.
10) If a full pie seems daunting, try this easier Salted Caramel Apple Galette. (Great for a BEGINNER!)
11) Apple Crumble Pie is heavy on crumb topping.
12) If you want to serve individual desserts, these Individual Apple Crumbles are perfect.
13) Apple Slab Pie with Maple Icing is spot-on for a big crowd.
14) One of my favorite pies is this Apple Cranberry Pie because of the tart and sweet flavor combination.
15) Apple Cheddar Pie is sweet and salty with an unexpected savory cheddar crust.
16) My favorite apple pie is Salted Caramel Apple Pie. Two incredible flavors in 1!
17) Apple Hand Pies are a fun baking project and there’s no utensils required to eat.
18) This Apple Crisp is quick and easy and it always pleases the crowd! (Great for a BEGINNER!)
19) You will love this Chai Spice Apple Pie if you’re looking for a flavor upgrade.
Other Fruit Pies
20) If you’re not into traditional Thanksgiving pies, serve this Homemade Banana Cream Pie.
21) And this Coconut Cream Pie is always a showstopper after dinner!
22) Lemon Meringue Pie is a classic favorite.
23) For something different but still fruity, try this Caramel Pear Pie.
24) Blueberry Crumble Pie is loaded with unbelievable streusel topping.
25) This Blueberries & Cream Pie is like cheesecake and blueberry pie in 1!
26) For a refreshing end to your meal, serve a delicious Key Lime Pie. (BEGINNER recipe!)
27) If you want individual desserts, these Upside Down Key Lime Pies are always a hit.
28) The most popular pie I made last Thanksgiving was this Cranberry Pear Crumble Pie.
Seriously Nutty Pies
29) Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie always draws a crowd!
30) My favorite Pecan Pie is a classic recipe with a little cinnamon for extra flavor.
31) Or try these Mini Pecan Pies. Would be fun to serve on a tray with mini pumpkin pies.
32) Maple Pecan Pie has exceptional flavor and skips the corn syrup.
33) Brown Butter Pecan Pie Bars are great if you don’t want to mess with traditional pie crust.
34) French Silk Pie is light as mousse, but much smoother.
35) Sky High Chocolate Mousse Pie is a towering beauty with an Oreo cookie crust.
36) This Chocolate Coconut Almond Tart is packed with chocolate and naturally gluten free.
37) Serve this Unbelievable Peanut Butter Pie for the ultimate chocolate/peanut butter fix.
38) Snickers Caramel Tart. (As if you need convincing!)
39) I always love that Brookie Pie completely skips pie crust and uses chocolate chip cookie dough instead.
40) Every bite of this Fudge Brownie Pie is soft and chewy with crisp flaky pie crust.
41) This Magical Chocolate Pie is like brownie batter with a crinkly meringue-like top.
42) Nutella Tart with Toasted Hazelnut Crust is the perfect make-ahead dessert because the filling must set in the refrigerator.
If You Want to Avoid Pie Crust (Easy Recipes!)
And to finish up all these Thanksgiving pie recipes, here’s a list of recipes that do not use traditional pie crust. These are all perfect for pie beginners!
43) Easy to make, serve, transport, & freeze: Cranberry Crumble Pie Bars
44) Banoffee Pie = graham cracker crust, dulce de leche, bananas, & whipped cream. 🙂
45) This Creamy Lemon Pie is refreshing and very easy.
46) Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars are complete with a shortbread crust.
47) Also works as an appetizer: Honey Pear Tart on puff pastry.
48) Skip the crust, but keep all the fall flavor with Cinnamon Apple Pear Crisp
49) This Cookies & Cream Pie requires just 6 ingredients and sets up in the refrigerator!
50) Bourbon Cherry Crisp is perfect with frozen sweet cherries.
Q: Which pie are you making this holiday season?